Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Number Ninety-nine

Rosa Parks died today. I am inserting a quote in her memory.

"People always say that I didn't give up my seat because I was tired, but that wasn't true. I was not tired physically, or no more tired than I usually was at the end of a working day. I was not old, although some people have an image of me as being old then. I was 42.
No, the only tired I was, was tired of giving in."


These lyrics from "Hark! The Harold Angels Sing" really moved me today:

"Christ, by highest heav'n adored
Christ, the everlasting Lord;
Late in time behold Him come,
Offspring of the favored one.
Veil'd in flesh, the Godhead see;
Hail, th'incarnate Deity
Pleased, as man, with men to dwell,
Jesus, our Emmanuel!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrea Peterson said...

White House Briefing: The Cheney Factor
The New York Times this morning reports that I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby apparently first learned that Joseph Wilson's wife was a CIA agent from none other than his boss -- Vice President Cheney.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to georgia highway construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like georgia highway construction!

3:15 PM  
Blogger superduper24 said...

Your blog is great! Keep up the good work.

I thought you might like my site vancouver cosmetic antiaging

It seems like you like things that focus on vancouver cosmetic antiaging

3:15 PM  
Blogger FriendlyGuy1212 said...

Greeting Cards

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home